Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Director of Programs
Expected Start Date: June 1, 2023
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America Movement brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them in leading their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board and staff represent the diversity of constituencies with which we engage. We are committed to hearing and acting on the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
DIRECTOR OF JEWISH PROGRAMS:
The Director of Jewish Programs will lead our work to bring our innovative program model to Jewish communities across the country. The Director of Jewish Programs will be a key leader in the Programs Department, responsible for growing our Jewish programming from its initial phase to a fully developed, thriving, and scalable national initiative. The Director will oversee all aspects of program strategy and implementation, including managing program timelines, budgets, and monitoring and evaluation, as well as content development utilizing the latest research adapted to the Jewish context.
They will be a self-starter and a strong independent worker, adept at mobilizing communities for change and dedicated to confronting toxic polarization and working with the Jewish community to help strengthen the fabric of our society. This person will possess experience in program management and have deep connections with Jewish leaders, including rabbis, cantors, academics, and nonprofit leaders.
- Develop and implement strategies to expand the scale and scope of Jewish programming and deepen engagement with Jewish leaders across the country.
- Develop clear and measurable objectives for all aspects of Jewish programming based on the One America Movement program model and theory of change.
- Collaboratively design learning experiences and content, utilizing and adapting the latest social and neuroscience research in the bridge-building space.
- Track metrics and prepare regular reporting for monitoring and evaluating program success.
- Manage program budgets of multiple funders.
- Serve as the primary liaison with strategic Jewish partners, while also working collaboratively with the Advancement Department to identify and cultivate new partners.
- Collaborate with the Advancement Department on communications and partnerships outreach strategies aimed at raising awareness and promoting Jewish programming.
- Contribute to internal learning opportunities that will cross-pollinate best practices, lessons learned, and effective content across all One America Movement programs.
- Contribute to program ideation and proposal development in close collaboration with Senior Leadership.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and actively participate in external events and online platforms to combat toxic polarization.
- Grow and supervise a team of program staff to produce results and promote continuous learning and innovation.
- Support staff in their professional growth and development through remote and in-person mentorship and guidance.
- Support staff to implement best practices in outreach and bridge-building programs.
- Strong competency in all aspects of program management, ensuring the efficient development and execution of program work plans, including established actions, outcomes, and timelines.
- Ability to manage and support staff in monitoring and measuring progress against established frameworks, plans, and processes.
- Ability to create and monitor budgets and expenditures and work closely with the Finance Department to ensure adherence to budget guidelines.
- Knowledge of best practices in community engagement, particularly within the Jewish context.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to use data to inform programming and performance.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with experience working in and leading remote teams.
- Ability to be comfortable working in a leadership structure that values all voices and constructively challenges all ideas.
- Proven track record managing national-level programs with successful outcomes.
- Proven ability to think strategically and execute on multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage donors and stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience and at least eight (8) years of professional experience in organizational management, program management, community organizing, or bridge-building programs.
- An advanced degree in Jewish studies or extensive experience working within the Jewish context is required; Rabbinic or Cantorial ordination is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and project management software
LOCATION: Remote, with regular travel for Jewish program activities, One America Movement staff retreats and events, and in-person co-working time in Bowie, MD.
The salary for this position is $85,000-$95,000 annually with growth potential. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The One America Movement provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage/citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition/carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the word Director of Jewish Programs in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.