Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Matthew 5:9 Fellowship Program Director
Expected Start Date: September 1, 2023
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America Movement brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them in leading their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board and staff represent the diversity of constituencies with which we engage. We are committed to hearing and acting on the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
ONE AMERICA MOVEMENT – MATTHEW 5:9 FELLOWSHIP RESOURCE MANAGER:
The Matthew 5:9 Resource Manager will support the Matthew 5:9 team to create resources and build a network of Christian leaders shepherding their communities to live out the Gospel and place their identity in Christ above partisanship and societal divisions. In this time of great division, the Matthew 5:9 program connects leaders grappling with division in the US and supports them to speak and act effectively to build a future in which all human beings are treated as image-bearers of God regardless of earthly divisions. This person will possess experience in writing, program outreach and facilitation, implementation, and management and have deep connections with Evangelical leaders, including pastors, academics, and nonprofit leaders.
Approximately 60% of the Matthew 5:9 Resource Manager position will be dedicated to resource management, while 40% will be dedicated to outreach, program facilitation, etc.
Resource Management (60%):
- Conceive, research, and create resources that support Evangelical pastors and leaders in understanding the dynamics of biblical principles and contemporary polarization (i.e., blogs, PowerPoint presentations, curriculum, small group resources, etc.)
- Manage existing and new resources
- Update the Matthew 5:9 website as needed (training provided)
- Prepare monthly M&E report
- Write monthly Matthew 5:9 newsletter
- Design graphics and slides
- Track metrics for evaluating program success, including conducting participant surveys and tracking outreach process data
Outreach & Partnership Building (40%):
- Engage Evangelical pastors through individual outreach, online, and in-person events
- Support Evangelical pastors and Christian leaders to address division within their congregations and communities
- Conduct outreach events that build an understanding of the dynamics of polarization and increase interest in the Matthew 5:9 Fellowship
- Post-event follow-up with attendees
- Facilitate event logistics, including preparing registration, supplies, and content
- Facilitate conversations among pastors and Christian leaders to build community and address challenges across congregations and communities
- Co-facilitate training on the science behind our division and why and how Christian leaders matter
Core Competencies and Demonstrated Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with Evangelical pastors and Christian leaders
- Ability to thrive in a remote work environment
- Ability to write effectively for a Christian audience (samples required)
- Willingness to work collaboratively through collective decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Create positive professional relationships across a wide range of working styles
- Be resourceful, proactive, and positive in problem-solving
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience and at least six (6) years of professional work experience
- Extensive experience working within the Christian context
- Pastoral experience preferred
- Proficiency in Google Suite and other project management software
Other Useful Qualifications
- Flexibility, good humor
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion
The salary for this position is between $60,000 and $65,000 annually, with growth potential. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The One America Movement provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage/citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition/carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Matthew 5:9 Resource Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.