Position type: Full-time
Reports to: VP of Programs and Operations
Location: Michigan, occasional travel required
Expected Start Date: July 2021
About the One America Movement:
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them to lead their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better. Help us bring this work to Michigan!
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing — and acting on — the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
One America Michigan Regional Outreach Manager:
The Michigan Regional Outreach Manager will lead the expansion of One America program activities beginning in the southern region of Michigan and extending across the Upper Midwest. This person will build relationships with faith communities for the purposes of building grassroots chapters and developing cohorts for the religious leader training program. The Michigan Program Manager will be a self-starter, adept at mobilizing communities for change and dedicated to bringing people together across divides to strengthen the fabric of society.
Outreach & Partnership Building:
● Create and implement an outreach plan starting in the southern region of Michigan
● Engage local faith leaders and university faith groups across the religious spectrum
● Conduct outreach events that build understanding of the dynamics of polarization and increase interest in One America Movement programs
● Identify community challenges and engage local organizations working to address them
● Mobilize new One America Movement chapters through convening clergy and lay leaders to build relationships and create action plans in partnership with local service organizations
● Plan and carry out programs in collaboration with partner organizations
● Facilitate event logistics including preparing registration, supplies, and volunteers
● Facilitate difficult conversations across divides to build relationships
● Build capacity of chapter leaders to manage chapter operations and lead difficult conversations
● Facilitate One America’s public and religious leader trainings as needed
● Ensure compliance with grant requirements and best practices for community mobilization and bridge building
● Track metrics for evaluating program success
● Manage budget for program activities
● Ability to mobilize local communities, especially faith leaders across religions
● Ability to thrive in an independent work environment
● Willingness to work collaboratively through collective decision-making
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across political, religious, and racial divides
● Knowledge of and experience in engagement with faith communities across Michigan
● Build successful coalitions and drive new and innovative partnerships
● Create positive professional relationships across a wide range of working styles
● Be resourceful, proactive, and positive in problem-solving
● Prioritize and execute multiple projects effectively
● Create a strong network of relationships within the faith-based ecosystem
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience and at least six (6) years of professional experience. Eight or more years preferred.
● Proficiency in Google Suite
Other Useful Qualifications:
● Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices
● Familiarity with the issues facing communities across Southeast Michigan
● Experience working with college and university campus communities
● Flexibility, good humor
● Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion
The Michigan Regional Outreach Manager will work remotely. Outreach will initially focus on Southwest and Southeast Michigan, extending across Michigan and the Upper Midwest over time. The Michigan Regional Outreach Manager may be based anywhere in Michigan with regional travel expected.
The salary for this position is $55,000 – $60,000 annually with potential for growth. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, 401k retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
In addition to PTO and federal holidays, One America Movement offices are closed for 2 weeks for a winter break. One America Movement offers 12 weeks of paid parental leave for a birth or adoption.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
One America provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the word Michigan Regional Outreach Manager in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.