Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Director of Communications
Location: Remote, occasional travel required
Expected Start Date: April 1, 2021
About the One America Movement:
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them to lead their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing — and acting on — the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
One America Content Manager:
The content manager will create and curate materials for religious leaders and communities to help them better combat division. For example, the content manager will convert existing research and materials into interactive trainings, blog posts, and social media content to help our participants better understand division and conflict.
The Content Manager will possess the ability to think both creatively and analytically. This person will be comfortable finding creative ways of building an online presence, as well as using analytics in the formulation of a content strategy. Here, content is defined as multimedia articles, blog posts, images, curriculum, marketing materials, and videos that aid in fostering engagement. Content Manager duties include producing and publishing content, writing, editing, proofreading, and formulating content strategies, amongst other tasks.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading content, including curriculum, blogs, social media posts, presentations, and marketing materials.
- Provide editorial, creative, and technical support to team members.
- Formulating a cross-platform content strategy.
- Build a following and engagement on social media.
- Track web analytics to ascertain content engagement levels.
- Manage content across all platforms and CRMs, including website, email, curriculum portal, and social media.
- Design and update materials for external and internal use, maintaining brand identity.
- Working with team members to develop new ideas and provide content support to distinct target groups, demographics, and regions.
- Ability to work with, and create materials for, diverse audiences across the religious, racial, and political spectrum.
- Adept at content marketing and SEO best practices.
- Ability to thrive in an independent work environment
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content that provokes engagement.
- Willingness to work collaboratively through collective decision-making
- Strong leadership qualities and desire to be part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly literate in digital media, with basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency with WordPress, Canva, Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Experience with social media management, analytics, and advertising.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Social Science, Journalism, English or related field.
- 3-4 years experience in communications or marketing.
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Design experience a plus.
Remote, with occasional travel required.
The salary for this position is $55,000 – $60,000 annually with potential for growth. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
One America provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, and a portfolio of your work, to include writing samples, design files, and/or social media campaigns to email@example.com with the words Content Manager in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.