Position type: Full-time
Reports to: VP of Advancement
Location: Remote; DC Metro Area preferred
Expected Start Date: January 1, 2023
About the One America Movement:
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. The One America Movement brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them in leading their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing and acting on the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Development Team to organize day-to-day development processes for our growing organization to obtain funding from various sources, including foundations, corporations, high-net-worth individuals, and online giving. The Coordinator will organize all aspects of the grant research, writing, and submission process. This person should have excellent data organization skills and experience working and communicating across teams. The One America Movement is looking for a highly-skilled writer and organized team player to help take our growth to the next level and leverage our current financial strength.
Education and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate proposal and report writing processes, ensuring timely submission of high-quality work products.
- Manage the pipeline of ongoing potential funders, and assist in conducting foundation and corporate sponsorship research on potential funding opportunities.
- Maintain accurate data on donors and potential funders in Salesforce.
- Provide superior organization to all record keeping of development materials.
- Support the Advancement Team in designing and implementing fundraising campaigns targeting specific donor segments.
- Experience organizing development processes in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to accountability and data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Confident working across teams and management levels to coordinate task completion.
- Ability to work with a diverse team: challenging others and reflecting on your beliefs and assumptions to improve organizational outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple people to complete time-sensitive projects, ideally for fundraising.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work products in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to constructively receive feedback and incorporate it into future work in a high-stakes environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience and at least two (2) years of professional experience.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Salesforce, and project management software such as Monday.com.
Other Useful Qualifications:
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices.
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion.
- Flexibility and good humor.
Remote; Washington, DC metro area preferred.
The salary for this position is $55,000 – $65,000 annually, with growth potential. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
One America Movement provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the words Development Coordinator in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.