Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Sr. Director of Partnerships
Location: Remote, Washington, DC area preferred
Expected Start Date: September 1, 2021
About the One America Movement:
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them to lead their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing and acting on the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
One America Development Manager:
The Development Manager will manage development processes for the growing organization to obtain funding from various sources, including foundations, corporations, high-net-worth individuals, and the general public. The Manager will support all aspects of the grant research, writing, and submission process. This person should have experience in fundraising through various channels with a particular focus on foundation grant acquisition. The One America Movement is looking for a highly-skilled writer and organized team player to help take our growth to the next level to leverage our current financial strength.
- Manage grant cycle, including foundation research, proposal development, reporting requirements, check-in meetings, and special donor requests.
- Draft grant proposals, letters of intent, and supporting documents.
- Coordinate proposal process and gather input from internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare grant budgets in collaboration with the Operations team.
- Conduct ongoing grant research and propose new funding opportunities to the CEO and leadership team.
- Manage the implementation of Salesforce, including maintaining accurate data on donors and potential donors and gift processing.
- Ensure donation tracking, acknowledgment, and tax donation letters.
- Maintain grant pipeline documentation and ensure smooth fundraising processes.
- Run weekly development meetings.
- Provide logistical support for in-person fundraising events and donor meetings.
- Create high-quality fundraising presentations with support from the Communications team.
- Build and execute Giving Tuesday and end-of-year fundraising communications plans.
- Work with Communications and Programs teams to maximize donor engagement
- Experience implementing development processes in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience with grant research, writing, and reporting.
- Commitment to accountability and data-driven decision making.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse team: challenging others and reflecting on your own beliefs and assumptions for the sake of improving organizational outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively raise funds for an organization of $1,000,000 – $5,000,000 budget level.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to expand donor base and diversify funding sources.
- Ability to effectively manage development processes with staff and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience developing effective communications materials for fundraising.
- Ability to constructively receive feedback and incorporate it into future work in a high-stakes environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience and at least five (5) years of professional experience.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Salesforce, and project management software such as Monday.com.
Other Useful Qualifications:
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices.
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion.
- Flexibility and good humor.
Washington, DC Metro-Area, mostly remote
The salary for this position is $60,000 – $68,000 annually with growth potential. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
One America provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the word Development Manager in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.