Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Director of Communications
Expected Start Date: November 1, 2021
About the One America Movement:
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them to lead their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing and acting on the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
One America Social Media Engagement Coordinator:
This position will connect with diverse constituency groups through digital media platforms, including social media, social networking groups, and email communications. The Senior Director of Communications will supervise the Social Media Engagement Coordinator. Primary tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating, curating, and sharing relevant and compelling content to include graphics and videos to reduce toxicity on social media rather than perpetuating divisions.
- Identifying opportunities for the One America Movement to meaningfully engage in trending conversations and news to work towards audience engagement goals.
- Participating in social media networking groups and building collaborative relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the social media strategy.
- Coordinating day-to-day social media execution across all channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, email, and social networking groups.
- Gathering, formatting, and disseminating newsletter content from staff and partners.
- Keeping the team up-to-date by maintaining a social media calendar, tracking social media analytics, reporting on initiatives, and keeping contacts updated within the CRM.
- Creating and disseminating social media sharing toolkits to partners and stakeholders.
- Monitoring accessibility and performing tasks such as transcribing and editing video captioning for use on our training portal and YouTube.
- Formatting and uploading content to the website and email service.
- Supporting other communications tasks as assigned
- Ability to sensibly engage and manage sensitive topics and negative commentary on digital platforms.
- Ability to be social media savvy and have a passion for storytelling.
- Experience with WordPress, Canva, Sprout Social, Constant Contact, and other digital platforms.
- Ability to demonstrate solid design skills.
- Experience with social media advertising.
- Enjoy working with diverse religious, political, and racial communities.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, goal, and deadline-oriented.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Be self-motivated for a remote work environment.
- Possess a high degree of independence, flexibility, and initiative.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong time-management capabilities.
Education and Experience:
- At least four (4) years of experience.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Monday.com project management software.
Other Useful Qualifications:
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices.
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion.
- Flexibility and good humor.
- Photography skills.
- Experience with Salesforce.
The salary for this position is $47,000 – $52,000 per year. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The One America Movement provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the words Social Media Engagement Coordinator in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.