Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Sr. Director of Communications
Expected Start Date: August 1, 2021
About the One America Movement:
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them to lead their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing — and acting on — the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
One America Events Coordinator:
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, marketing, and execution of the One America Movement’s in-person and virtual events. The Events Coordinator will work closely with communications and program staff to create materials and manage logistics for a variety of internal and external events. The event coordinator will maintain a checklist of tasks to prepare, execute, and follow up with others about outcomes.
- Engage program staff and external stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of the requirements and details of each event
- Plan and organize events in accordance with financial and time restraints
- Plan internal and external events, both in-person and online
- Devise and execute creative marketing and communications strategies to assist with events
- Create presentations, graphics, and other collateral materials
- Work closely with program leads to create detailed agendas and budgets
- Manage events and address potential problems that may arise
- Write follow-up reports and track participants and new leads
- Maintain events calendar, manage timelines and needs, and update the team on progress
- Use WordPress to create events registration pages, reminder emails, and participant lists
- Experience with WordPress, Canva, and CRM systems
- Demonstrated design skills (flyers, social media graphics, presentations)
- Strong time management capabilities
- Demonstrated project management and logistical skills
- Experience with SalesForce
- Enjoy working with diverse religious, political, and racial communities
- Strong organizational skills, goal, and deadline-oriented.
Education and Experience:
- At least four (4) years of experience in event management, logistical planning, and content creation
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Monday.com project management software
Other Useful Qualifications:
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion
- Flexibility, good humor
The salary for this position is $47,000 – $52,000 per year. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
One America provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word Events Coordinator in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.