Position type: Full-time
Reports to: VP of Programs and Operations
Location: Bowie, MD
Expected Start Date: August 1, 2022
About the One America Movement:
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them in leading their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing and acting on the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
Executive Associate to the Vice President:
The Executive Associate to the Vice President will provide administrative support to the Vice President of Programs and Operations. This position will include scheduling meetings and events, conducting expense management, copy editing content, and completing logistics for the VP’s participation in major events and activities. This role will also include general coordination of the office, including in-office calendars, purchasing supplies, and coordinating cleaning and maintenance. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, flexible, and possess a high level of professionalism. This role will report to the Vice President of Programs and Operations.
Education and Responsibilities:
- Provide sophisticated calendar and email management for the Vice President. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements. Triage email inbox and draft responses as appropriate.
- Complete various administrative tasks that facilitate the VP’s ability to effectively lead the organization’s operations and programs, including assisting with special projects, collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties, drafting correspondence, making travel arrangements, and completing expense reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for staff and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the VP, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine the appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment which reflects the VP’s style and the organization’s policy.
- Work closely with the VP to inform her of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Anticipate Vice President’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate activities of the Bowie, MD office. Manage the staff in-office calendar, coordinate cleaning, liaise with building management and maintenance, keep office supplies stocked, and support in-office meetings, including preparing materials and refreshments.
- Complete other projects/duties as assigned for the organization’s overall benefit.
- Strong ability to execute work with a diverse, equitable, and inclusive lens.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality in dealing with diverse groups of people, including board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funding partners.
- Ability to make appropriately-informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Able to apply excellent judgment. This ability is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
Education and Experience:
- Six years of administrative experience OR bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Monday.com project management software, and Expensify.
Other Useful Qualifications:
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices.
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion.
- Flexibility and good humor.
Bowie, MD, with some telework.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $55,000 per year, based on experience. The generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours, up to 3 days/week of telework, and generous vacation time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The One America Movement provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Executive Assocaite to the VP in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.