Position type: Full-time
Reports to: VP of Programs and Operations
Location: Washington, DC Metro Area, Remote
Expected Start Date: August 1, 2021
About the One America Movement:
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them to lead their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing and acting on the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
One America Executive Associate:
The Executive Associate will provide administrative support to the CEO of The One America Movement. This position will include scheduling meetings and events, conducting expense management, copy editing content, and completing logistics for the CEO’s participation in major events and activities. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, flexible, and possess a high level of professionalism. The person in this role will report to the VP of Programs and Operations and support the CEO directly.
- Provide sophisticated calendar and email management for the CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements. Triage email inbox and draft responses.
- Complete a wide variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with special projects; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements, and completing expense and mileage reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine the appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment that reflects the CEO’s style and the organization’s policy.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Anticipate CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Complete other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
- Strong ability to execute work with a diverse, equitable, and inclusive lens.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funding partners.
- Ability to make appropriately informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Able to apply excellent judgment. This ability is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
Education and Experience:
- Six years of experience OR bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Monday.com project management software, and Expensify.
Other Useful Qualifications:
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices.
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion.
- Flexibility and good humor.
Washington, DC Metro-Area, mostly remote
The salary range for this position is $43,000-$48,000 per year, based on experience. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
One America provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word Executive Associate in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.