Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Vice President of Programs & Operations
Location: Jackson, MS, Regional travel required
Expected Start Date: September 1, 2021
About the One America Movement:
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them to lead their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing and acting on the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
One America Jackson MS Outreach Manager:
The Jackson Outreach Manager will lead the expansion of One America program activities in Jackson, MS, and the surrounding areas. This person will build relationships with faith communities and civic organizations to develop a unified strategy to mobilize a transpartisan, multi-religious, and multiethnic coalition to find actionable solutions to Jackson’s most urgent challenges. The Jackson Outreach Manager will be a self-starter, adept at mobilizing communities for change, and dedicated to bringing people together across divides to strengthen the fabric of society.
Outreach & Partnership Building:
- Build on the One America Movement’s existing relationships to create and implement an outreach plan.
- Engage local faith leaders and civic groups across the religious and political spectrum.
- Conduct outreach events that build an understanding of the dynamics of polarization and increase interest in One America Movement programs.
- Identify community challenges and engage local organizations working to address them.
- Mobilize new One America Movement chapters by convening clergy and lay leaders to build relationships and create action plans in partnership with local service organizations.
- Facilitate chapter event logistics, including preparing chapter leaders, purchasing supplies, and coordinating volunteers.
- Facilitate difficult conversations across divides to build relationships.
- Build the capacity of chapter leaders to manage chapter operations and lead difficult conversations.
- Facilitate One America’s Religious Leader Training Program as needed.
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements and best practices for community mobilization and bridge-building.
- Track metrics for evaluating program success.
- Manage budget for program activities.
- Ability to mobilize local communities, especially faith leaders across religions.
- Ability to thrive in an independent work environment.
- Willingness to work collaboratively through collective decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across political, religious, and racial divides.
- Knowledge of and experience in engagement with faith communities across Jackson.
- Build diverse coalitions and drive new and innovative partnerships.
- Create positive, professional relationships across a wide range of working styles.
- Be resourceful, proactive, and positive in problem-solving.
- Prioritize and execute multiple projects effectively.
Education and Experience:
- Eight (8) years of experience building relationships with faith communities and civic organizations in Jackson OR a bachelor’s degree and at least six (6) years of similar experience.
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
Other Useful Qualifications:
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices.
- Familiarity with the issues facing communities across Jackson.
- Flexibility, good humor; be a “people” person.
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion.
Jackson, MS. Regional travel required.
The salary for this position is $52,000 – $57,000 annually with growth potential. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
One America provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Jackson Outreach Manager in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.