Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Sr. Director of Partnerships
Location: Remote; DC metro area preferred
Expected start date: October 1, 2021
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them to lead their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing — and acting on — the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
ONE AMERICA MOVEMENT PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER:
The Partnerships Manager will assist the Senior Director of Partnerships in growing the organization with a diverse and robust mix of strategic alliances. The Manager will both conduct research to identify new opportunities and support our existing partnerships by nurturing and growing relationships. This person should have excellent interpersonal skills and a deep commitment to the mission of the One America Movement. We are looking for an organized and strategic thinker who is a team player to help take our growth to the next level.
- Develop relationships to help identify partners that are the best fit for the One America Movement to advance organizational objectives and scale work.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Partnerships to effectively manage and help collaborate across all One America Movement departments.
- Manage portfolio of relationships with both current and prospective partners, including day-to-day communications, to ensure their strategic priorities and ongoing requests are met.
- Work with partners through mutual goal setting and content development, identifying new opportunities for growth or collaboration.
Systems Building and Information Management
- Maintain and improve internal systems related to partnerships work, including use of Salesforce, to build and maintain a pipeline of partner organizations.
- Research and build a pipeline of partner organizations and grant opportunities and attend networking events.
- Serve as record keeper of all partnership deliverables to ensure commitments are being upheld.
Internal and External Communication
- Own the drafting of partnership proposals, partnering with One America Movement team members to ensure program parameters are clearly defined and communicated effectively.
- Ensure that partners are updated and invested in the organization’s work by developing content for One America Movement to describe work, including one-pagers, templates, proposals and partnership agreements.
- Other duties as assigned and prioritized.
- A strong passion to help build an organization, with the ability to collaborate with colleagues and work on multiple projects at once.
- Efficient, organized, and attention to detail.
- Commitment to accountability and data-driven decision making.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse team: challenging others and reflecting on your own beliefs and assumptions for the sake of improving organizational outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively maintain relationships for a comparable organization.
- High attention to detail, very data driven and organized.
- Comfortable navigating various groups with diverse and varied points of view.
- Proven capacity to work with various audiences, and easily build trust with varied partners.
- Ability to constructively receive feedback and incorporate it into future work in a high-stakes environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience and at least five (5) years of professional experience.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Salesforce, and project management software such as Monday.com.
Other Useful Qualifications
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices.
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion.
- Flexibility and good humor.
Remote; Washington, DC metro area preferred.
The salary for this position is $58,000 – $65,000 annually with growth potential. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
One America provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the words Partnerships Manager in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.