Position type: Full-time
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: Remote; DC metro area preferred
Expected Start Date: February 1, 2022
About the One America Movement:
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them to lead their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing and acting on the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
One America Sr. Director of Partnerships:
The Senior Director of Partnerships (SDP) will work with the CEO and leadership team to engage national religious institutions and faith leaders from a wide range of religious and cultural traditions and political perspectives. The SDP will grow our national work, speak on behalf of the organization in religious and secular settings, and train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division. The SDP will be an excellent communicator, able to articulate the vision for One America Movement’s work and adept at putting the vision into action.
- Engage national religious organizations in One America Movement’s work, including traditionally “evangelical” Christian denominations and institutions, predominately African-American Christian denominations, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and Catholic, Jewish, and Muslim institutions.
- Develop a partnership strategy to leverage relationships with national religious leaders, bridge-building organizations, corporations, service partners, and academic institutions.
- Draft concepts notes and scopes of work with new partner organizations.
- Manage the partnerships to programs pipeline, including overseeing staff managing small projects with new partners.
Public Speaking and Facilitation
- Represent the organization on panels, conferences, and in-person and virtual events.
- Facilitate One America Movement trainings and events using core content and curriculum.
- Participate in development meetings with high-net-worth individuals and foundations.
- Work with the leadership team to update development strategy based on new and developing partnerships.
- Support grant writing and proposal development.
Staff Supervision and Program Management
- Oversee the work of the Partnerships team, including supporting staff to meet goals and implement projects.
- Support staff to implement Partnership events, including large-scale convenings, trainings, and conferences/summits.
- Manage the Partnerships budget.
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices and experience working with faith communities.
- Ability to thrive in an independent work environment.
- Willingness to work collaboratively through collective decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across political, religious, and racial divides.
- Strong supervision and people management skills.
- Build diverse coalitions and drive new and innovative partnerships.
- Create positive professional relationships across a wide range of working styles.
- Be resourceful, proactive, and positive in problem-solving.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience and at least eight (8) years of professional experience. Ten or more years is preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Suite
Other Useful Qualifications
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices.
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion.
- Flexibility and good humor.
Remote; Washington, DC metro area preferred.
The salary for this position is $85,000 – $90,000 annually with growth potential. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The One America Movement provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Sr. Director of Partnerships in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.