Position type: Full-time
Reports to: National Program Director
Location: Virginia, regional travel required
Expected Start Date: February 1, 2022
About the One America Movement:
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them to lead their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board, staff, and leadership circle represent the diversity of constituencies we engage. We are committed to hearing and acting on the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
Virginia Regional Outreach Manager:
The Virginia Regional Outreach Manager – Virginia will lead the expansion of One America Movment’s program activities beginning in Charlottesville and Danville and stretching to areas around Central Virginia. This person will build relationships with faith communities to address toxic polarization within and across faith groups. The Outreach Manager will mobilize these transpartisan, multi-religious, and multiethnic coalitions to find actionable solutions to their communities’ most urgent challenges. The Outreach Manager will be a self-starter, adept at mobilizing communities for change and dedicated to bringing people together across divides to strengthen the fabric of society.
Outreach & Partnership Building:
- Build on the One America Movement’s existing relationships to create and implement outreach plans in Danville and Charlottesville
- Develop and implement strategies to work with new communities across Central Virginia
- Engage local faith leaders and civic groups across the religious and political spectrum and on college campuses
- Conduct outreach events that build understanding of the dynamics of polarization and increase interest in One America Movement programs
- Identify community challenges and engage local organizations working to address them
- Convene clergy, lay leaders, and local stakeholders to develop action plans and address local issues through new, shared perspectives
- Facilitate small group learning and discussion across divides to build relationships
- Facilitate One America Movement training for congregations and faith leaders online and in-person
- Facilitate meetings to conduct community needs assessment and develop action plans
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements and best practices for community mobilization and bridge building
- Track metrics for evaluating program success
- Manage budget for program activities
- Ability to mobilize local communities, especially faith leaders across religions
- Ability to thrive in an independent work environment
- Deep understanding of the ways polarization affects community challenges
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across political, religious, and racial divides
- Knowledge of and experience in engagement with faith communities across Danville, Charlottesville preferred
- Build diverse coalitions and drive new and innovative partnerships
- Create positive professional relationships across a wide range of working styles
- Be resourceful, proactive, and positive in problem-solving
- Prioritize and execute multiple projects effectively
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience and at least seven (7) years of experience building relationships in faith and civic engagement of Virginia.
- Proficiency in Google Suite
Other Useful Qualifications:
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices
- Familiarity with the issues facing communities across Central Virginia
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion
- Flexibility, good humor
Charlottesville, VA, Danville, VA, or Central Virginia region, regional travel required
The salary for this position is $60,000 – $65,000 annually with potential for growth. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The One America Movement provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Virginia Regional Outreach Manager in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.