Position type: Three-quarter to Full-time
Reports to: Senior Director of Programs
Expected Start Date: July 1, 2023
The One America Movement’s mission is to build a united American society by eliminating toxic polarization. Our vision is a resilient, strong, and united country working together to solve our common challenges. One America Movement brings people together across religious, racial, political, and cultural divides to address pressing issues in their communities. We train religious leaders on the science and dynamics of division, supporting them in leading their communities through this difficult climate of division and fear. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with broken politics and divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
Our board and staff represent the diversity of constituencies with which we engage. We are committed to hearing and acting on the views and experiences of a range of individuals and building a dynamic and diverse organization that challenges itself even as it challenges the country.
ONE AMERICA MOVEMENT PROGRAM COORDINATOR:
The Program Coordinator is an integral part of the Programs Department and will help support the effective and efficient implementation of program tasks. The Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Director of Programs and other program leads, as appropriate, to support day-to-day program implementation. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a strong and independent worker, and adept at anticipating and identifying program needs. This person should also have excellent organizational skills and experience working and communicating across teams.
- Provide coordination and administrative support to the Programs Department through specific projects as assigned.
- Assist in the tracking and monitoring of M&E data and other relevant information, ensuring specific information required is captured and maintained to meet established record-keeping and documentation requirements.
- Assist in the coordination of organization-wide activities (i.e., conferences).
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Programs to support communication and information sharing across the entire program department.
- Research key bridge-building topics and write short briefs for further content development in programs and wider organizational use.
- Attend program activities and workshops (in-person or virtual) to provide logistical and administrative support as needed.
- Attend relevant external events hosted by bridge-building and research organizations and provide team members with written summaries and other resources.
- Support donor reporting processes, including preparing materials (proposals, donor reports) in coordination with the Senior Director of Programs and appropriate members of the Advancement Department.
- Demonstrated project management and logistical skills.
- Strong time management capabilities.
- Proactive, deadline-oriented, and experienced with juggling multiple project deliverables.
- Confident working across teams and management levels to coordinate task completion.
- Ability to thrive in an independent work environment.
- Create positive professional relationships across a wide range of working styles.
- Enjoy working with diverse religious, political, and racial communities.
- Be resourceful, proactive, and positive in problem-solving.
- Prioritize and execute multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to constructively receive feedback and incorporate it into future work in a high-stakes environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience and at least four (4) years of professional experience in program support, administration, and logistics.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and project management tools.
Other Useful Qualifications
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures, and practices.
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society and the intersections with race and religion.
- Flexibility and good humor.
LOCATION: Remote, with the potential to travel for program activities, One America Movement staff retreats and events, and in-person co-working time in Bowie, MD.
The salary for this position is between $50,000 and $60,000 annually, with growth potential. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, professional development support, flexible work hours and location, and generous vacation time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The One America Movement provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage/citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition/carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.